When we were still new to this town, Chris told me about a yearly local tradition, called "Grandma's Marathon". I remember thinking, "Really? How many grandmas out there can really run a marathon?"
I soon discovered that the race was named after it's sponsor... the favorite local restaurant... Grandma's Restaurant. Duh...
Apparently it's a pretty popular marathon, somewhere around 10,000 runners (some just run a half marathon).
Well, on the big day I took Solei down to mile 21 to help out. They were passing out drinks and wet sponges.


I snapped a photo of the first runners to pass by... one of these guys must be the winner, but I don't know which...
Yeah, I don't think any of them would qualify as a grandma.
I soon discovered that the race was named after it's sponsor... the favorite local restaurant... Grandma's Restaurant. Duh...
Apparently it's a pretty popular marathon, somewhere around 10,000 runners (some just run a half marathon).
Well, on the big day I took Solei down to mile 21 to help out. They were passing out drinks and wet sponges.
I snapped a photo of the first runners to pass by... one of these guys must be the winner, but I don't know which...
1 comment:
Wish I could run like Grandma...j/k. What a fun tradition!
Post a Comment