I skipped my blog last week, there just wasn't much exciting to write about. This week has been pretty much the same. Plus, I can't find my camera again, so there are no photos. I will try to make this as interesting as possible, but I can only do so much with what I've got.... :)
Solei has done a few fun activities with Young Women's lately; they went on a coast guard boat for the grand tour and Solei almost fell in Lake Superior while getting off the boat. Then last weekend they went to a concert at the DECC by the lake. One of the leaders is in the choir so she got a good deal on tickets.
We've had a bit of snow lately, one day I took Taron and Ella out when we had about an inch or so. It wasn't the kind of snow that was good for much, but we made the best snowballs we could and threw them up for Kina to catch. She was having a blast; her jaws would make this funny "CHOMP!", and then she would bark like crazy... I was laughing my head off. Oh, why did I have to be so camera-less?
Marissa Faerber spent the night with Sierra on Friday and I took the three girls to the Christmas parade downtown -- Marissa and I opted to watch from the car for the second half of the parade since her toes were going numb from the cold. The temperature was somewhere in the teens that night... I noticed the only dancers who were dressed in leotards were the flame twirlers... brr...
Solei spent that night at McKinnon's house (I thought her name was McKenna until I saw it on the ward list). Her family (the Jones) has season passes to Spirit Mountain and they snowboard also... maybe we will just have to buy season passes too... literally keeping up with the Joneses. :)
Chris and I have new callings at church; he is the Executive Secretary to the Bishopric and I am the Secretary for Primary. Focusing at our presidency meetings is a real challenge for me and my ADD brain...In situations like that I can usually get away with plastering on a smile and nodding once in a while and nobody can tell I am on some other planet...but now I have to take down minutes!!! I was trying extra hard this week, but I just can't seem to keep this dang brain in one place, it's like a naughty dog that runs away the second I relax my grip on the leash...
Last weekend we gave our first talks in our new ward, and Solei gave her first talk in Sacrament Meeting. She spoke on paying tithing and told the story about Chris's parents having to choose between paying tithing or the house payment...they paid the tithing and his dad got a new job to pay the house payment... but isn't that always how it ends with those stories? She did a great job. :)
The kid's computer was dropped (nobody has 'fessed up yet), and now it doesn't work. It is a sad house full of children we have here... oh, the misery!!!
On Fridays I take the little ones to church for play day, they really enjoy that, and I enjoy visiting with the other moms. There are a lot of social things like that in this ward, probably ten different groups that meet (quilting, pilates, book club, etc...). I feel so blessed to be in a good ward here, we had a good ward in Iowa too.
We finally have found a piano teacher for the kids. She came highly recommended, very bright and cheery, knows her music, and only charges $10 per lesson. Plus, she is only about five blocks away... I am so excited!
Sierra has discovered that the wall behind our room makes a great wallyball wall...much to our chagrin at 7:00 on a Saturday morning...("urghhh, what's making that noise???")
We had parent teacher conferences last week... and that's all I prefer to say about that...
Well, better go, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and have a great week!
1 comment:
Wow, you have been busy! I love how involved you are and how many people you already know. If only everyone was like that.
Post a Comment