Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Our Budding Artist

Yesterday Ella walked up to Chris and said "Here, Daddy, I drew a picture of you." Chris looked at the paper in her hands and said "No... you couldn't have drawn that!" But Ella kept insisting that she had...

I vouched for her, saying, "She does draw pretty well; the first time she picked up a pencil she held it perfectly, like she had been drawing all her life."

Chris still didn't believe the picture had come from her (she is only two), Perhaps she had found one of Taron's drawings and was just claiming it as her own... so I told her to bring me the crayon she had used. Sure enough, it was green just like the drawing. We asked her to do another one, and it came out pretty similar to her original.
Here is a scan of the original...

Then today, she came up to me and said, "Mommy, I drew a picture of you." I looked at it and burst out laughing... I guess I have been a little stressed lately...
.
.
.

6 comments:

Dan, Pam and Family said...

Wow those are amazing for a two year old. Looks like she has some of her mommys talent!
I LOVE the picture of Cindy!
Made me laugh.
Pam

Tammy said...

Those are awesome! That is amazing for a 2 year old. Thanks for sharing.

J and A said...

I am definitely impressed! If my two year old could draw I think he'd create a very stressed mommy too . . . :) 4 more weeks of grad school-yeah!

Liz said...

How does that work? Isn't it surprising how some talents do seem to run in families? How fun to see something at such a young age. I LOVED her picture of you! Great to hear from you, and to get your blog link! Thanks for commenting so I could read!

Liz said...

P.S. Can you email me? My email is the same as it has been for years.

Debbie Hadley said...

Simply amazing! Must run in the family!