I got an email last week inviting all the women for a "ladies night out", so Friday night found me kid-free, in a theater full of sisters laughing our heads off at the movie "New in Town". Coincidentally, it happens to be about a girl (Renee Zellwiger) who moves to Minnesota. Many of us had originated from other places so we could relate to the culture shock she went through, and we all left with a hankerin' for tapioca and scrappin'.

After the movie, we popped in to a Mexican restaurant -- which is a rare find this far north. There must have been about 25 of us -- that poor chef! It was no surprise that they got our bills wrong and charged me for someone else's guacamole... I can't imagine trying to keep all that straight!
Some of the women were from the other ward (they had split right before we moved here) so I met a few new faces. One of them spilled the beans that it was her birthday, so the waiters brought out the sombrero and fried ice cream... I was debating whether or not to admit it was my birthday too...that ice cream did look good! Alas, being full to the brim, I chose to keep quiet and avoid the sombrero. Ladies night out was enough celebration for me!
.
Thanks to my friend Crystal, I had the above photos to post (my camera is still missing). You can't really see me in the dinner one since I was toward the back, but in the movie theater photo, I am the fifth one down in the front row (white coat).
5 comments:
Yea for G.N.O.! You deserved a night out. Happy Late Birthday!
Happy Birthday Cindy!! I LOVE a good GNO!! What is FUNNER!! There is just something about hanging out with Mama Comerades!! Love ya!!
I just love how the gospel provides an instant group of friends and support no matter where you go. Glad to see you've made some great connections in MN. Looks like a fun night!
this is realy Sierra I have a new blog that is open it is www.lovetobeamonkeylover.blogspot.com you can see it if you like.
Sounds awesome!
I'm so glad you have a great ward, that can make all the difference in the world.
Makes me feel better with you guys half way across the country.
Isn't the church awesome!
Pam
Post a Comment