Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My Better Half




OK, I know this is a little late for Valentines, but I've been thinking a lot lately about my hubby, and how he balances me out in so many ways.

I tend to flop from one extreme to the other in life, but I married someone whose consistency keeps me level headed -- when I'm overly hyped-up about something, he brings me back to reality, when I'm overly bummed out, he pulls me back on my feet. I've never met someone who is so even-keeled and hardworking...do I really deserve him? Me-- who has never held a "real-world" job for more than 6 months, whose big accomplishments are simple things like cleaning out the fridge or getting the kids to piano lessons on time... yet he always claims that he is the lucky one.

Anyways, I just wanted to express my gratitude to him and say how proud I am to be Mrs. Chris Smith, undeserving as I am.

I love you, hon.

7 comments:

Grapefruit said...

That is really sweet Cindy! And don't underestimate the worth of a clean fridge and on time children! Those are big accomplishments indeed!

Debbie Hadley said...

Cindy, I think being a mom is the hardest "real world job" out there, and you do a FABULOUS job!!! You and Chris are perfect for each other. I love you both dearly.

Leslie said...

And that's exactly why he loves you so much....don't you see...because you think the world of him! You are both blessed to have each other. Your marriage is a great example to us all. We miss you guys!!!

Liz said...

A more blessed man there cannot be
Than one whose wife loves him as much as thee.

:) Just had to wax poetic after such a nice post as yours.

Dan, Pam and Family said...

ahhh
That was a sweet post.
Chris is lucky to have you Cindy!
For that matter...our whole family is lucky to have you be a part of us.
Loves,
Pam

Me, Myself and I said...

I remember when he told me that he would not want to live without you. The two of you are truly a "match made in Heaven". I love you both....and I love how you love eachother.

monkeygirl said...

eeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy and remember mom, people of da world, i hav a new blog that lest every 1 look ever. it is
www.lovetobeamonkeylover.blogspot.com