Spring is finally starting to make it's appearance -- no buds on the trees yet, but the roads are pretty clear now, with a few days even in the forties. We've been greeted by an overabundance of new potholes, and "potrivers" as well... I didn't know asphalt could erode like that! Apparently the city doesn't bother to repair the roads much, they just set the speed limit at 30 and call it good...


One thing I love about Duluth though -- every day the lake changes depending on the lighting and weather. Today it is bright blue slashed with white ice; tomorrow the ice might be gone, or it could be frozen over again. It's an ever changing view.
Note to reader: I have to apologize for the quality of the following photos in this post, they were taken with my new digital video camera which apparently is not meant for high quality stills...plus, no flash.
We took a field trip to the train museum on Thursday while the big kids were in school (when we bought our season passes to the kid's museum, the Depot was included). Taron and Ella enjoyed climbing on the trains and checking out the displays of life in the old days. Here is Taron at the wheel of the engine...
Well, that's all for today folks, Happy Spring!
5 comments:
Not to rub it in....but it's in the 80s this week!! I fully expect you to rub it in to me when we are SWELTERING in the 117 degree days in a few months from now!!The kids are SO cute! Love the spy gear!! Duluth is BEAUTIFUL!!
Is that lake view from your house? Wow, you are lucky! No way am I posting a view from my house...
The view is from a spot not far from here, it's from a scenic loop that starts down the street and winds "over the river and through the woods" and down the hill to another part of town. Duluth is a grand mix of nature and civilization, you can hike or cross country ski throughout the city on all the trails,there are creeks and waterfalls everywhere too. There are even two ski resorts in town - and one only charges $5 -- it's tiny but perfect for kids. It's a really fun town, if you have warm gear, that is...
Okay, I'm complaining that it's still in the 40's and your happy that it's finally reached the 40's. I don't think I could live in such a cold place! I love the spy gear...how fun!
I don't think it matters whether you are in Utah or Minnesota...IT"S FREEZING and I AM SICK OF IT!!!!
Always amazed at how you look for the positives in ALL situations! There's nothing beautiful for me to look at right now with snow swirling through the howling freezing wind outside!
I LOVE the spy photo. My kids went through a phase of that too. How fun for the little ones to have a big sister to help them dress up and play like that.
Post a Comment