It has been over two weeks now with no running water in our kitchen sink...and the bathroom upstairs is still unuseable... but hey, we have two bathrooms that do work and running water in the ice maker for drinking, so we are surviving. The builder is blaming the realtors because they hired out the plumbing, and the realtors are blaming the builder because he bailed out before the house was finished. It's a big mess.
April Fools day brought us a blizzard, another foot or so of snow. Everyone is ready for spring, but apparently spring isn't ready for us. Our spring break is this week though, so maybe the weather will get the hint.
The animals are out in full force now; I see squirrels and bunnies hopping across the snow every day, and driving up the coast, we saw probably 70 deer along the road. Apparently they are tired of winter too.
That reminds me, I didn't write about our date night last week...nothing too big, we just took a drive up to Two Harbors and ate at a little resort on the lake. Their creamy wild rice soup was yummy -- wild rice is a main staple here, there is even a lake named after it. I didn't have my camera, but found a photo on the resort's website, we had a nice window seat with a great view.

The day after April Fools, I went to pour Ella some Mini Wheats, and out came Rice Krispies...ha ha ha, very funny Caden! What a jokester!
I have been feeling a little bogged down lately, mostly because the house is swimming in plumbing issues, and the news is all gloom and doom lately, but listening to conference today has helped lift my spirits and given me a boost of hope. I am so glad for the gospel and the prophets who give us inspired messages, I don't know where I would be without it.
Well, that's about it for the week, not too eventful...we will see how spring break goes though.
5 comments:
Wasn't conference AMAZING!! I'm with you....I was in DEFINITE Need of some uplifting!! SO sorry to hear about the plumbing problems....cant imagine what a PAIN that must be! Good luck gettig it all resolved. Love you...and I am REALLY wishing you were here with me this week for Spring Break...again - another week of 75-80s.......
Those are some beautiful views, Cindy! Wow, that is COLD weather. I would definitely have a hard time. And the plumbing...you've been hit with a double whammy! Too bad you don't live closer for a little trampoline and a hose. I'll count my blessings twice today. But those are some views...
Plumbing still not fixed?? That is crazy! I really hope that they stop blaming each other and just fix it so you can get back to normal life. Even though you still have two other bathrooms, it a hassle. Conference really was amazing and there is so much I need to implement. I really felt I needed to start doing FHE with lessons rather than just family time. I think Emma is old enough now.
So sorry about the plumbing issues. How can a mom live without her kitchen sink?! I hope you get some warm weather for spring break, you deserve it!!!
I can understand bogged down :) especially in your winter wonderland. That date photo was gorgeous! Aren't you glad for dates? I live for them. Although I have to say that Lane and I finally got to the temple one morning this week, and it made my day so much better. Conference, too. I put it on again today and it does just lift the mind and heart. You are a trooper. I hope those water issues get fixed or you might get translated for your patience ;) Happy Easter!!! (I thought of you this morning in our scripture study.)
Post a Comment