Of course, we had to take advantage...
Down by the lakefront there is a wooden "castle" park; one of those kind the kids can get lost in. We spent an afternoon soaking up the sunshine and getting lost in the mazes. Even though they have their "gloom and doom" faces on in these photos, I know the kids were enjoying themselves...
As we were leaving, we heard a low, loud horn so we raced over to the water and saw our first ship of the season coming in. It was a doozie...Caden says it was the biggest ship he ever saw.
Back at the homefront, we enjoyed the simple pleasures of riding bikes and jumping on the trampoline.
Of course, our week wasn't all fun and games; spring cleaning worked it's way into the mix. We had about 20 pounds of salty dirt caked on the garage floor -- all from one winter of snow melting off the tires. Solei used the ice scraper to pry it off and I swept...and swept...and swept...
Of course, with the garage finally clean, we had to make the car match... so out came the sponges and suds.
On Wednesday morning, the kids were dancing around and being their usual crazy selves, when Taron slipped and landed on his chin. Our floor is not very forgiving, and the impact split his chin wide open... not a pleasant sight. I took him into the clinic, thinking he would need stitches but the doctor was able to glue it back together and put a bandaid over the top. I was impressed with how tough Taron was, he cried a little because of the pain, but didn't freak out like most kids would. I guess he has had worse in his life...
After conference last weekend, I felt inspired to make this Easter more than just egg hunts and imaginary bunnies, so for our scripture study this week, we read excerpts from the last week of Jesus' life. I don't know if the kids got much out of it, but for me it made Easter more meaningful. We will have to add that one to our tradition list.
Of course, we still dyed eggs...
And the imaginary bunny still visited our house... Here is the video evidence....
By the way, my girls are insisting that I post a disclaimer that they were NOT raiding Ella's easter basket in that video, they were taking out some toys which she had left in her basket so she would have more room for her eggs -- at least that is their alibi...
I usually try to get new Easter outfits for the kids when I can, but time was not cooperating this year. I did score some handsome duds for the boys though.. And a hat to match Ella's pink dress...
So, from sunny Duluth, Minnesota.... Happy Easter Everyone!
2 comments:
I can't get over how old Taron looks! Sounds like a wonderful Easter weekend. We didn't do the Easter egg thing for the first time this year...I think our kids were actually a little bummed.
I'm glad it's starting to warm up a bit. The kids look great in their Easter clothes! Poor Taron, I hope his chin heals fast.
Post a Comment