Thursday, April 16, 2009

Party Like It's 1773






One thing my mom has instilled in me is the desire to get involved in a good cause and stand for what I believe in. On Wednesday, our city held one of these "Tea Parties" to protest the out-of-control government spending and taxation, so I ventured out with the kids. Taron and Ella helped me make signs; Ella's said "Don't mortgage my future" and Taron's read "My piggy bank is not your pork barrel". I was excited to learn that my good friend Tami was going, so I had someone to talk to while I was there, and she helped me keep the kids in tow. The crowd was so large we couldn't even see the speakers, and even with the microphones it was hard to hear. It gives me hope to know that there are so many other Americans out there who are willing to stand up for our freedoms, especially in our own community.


A funny side note: Taron came away a little disappointed that the "tea party" wasn't as fun of a party as he had expected...

2 comments:

Dan, Pam and Family said...

Cute Signs,
Good for you for getting out there and support causing you believe in!
That's funny that Taron was expecting more of a party.
:-)
Pam

Me, Myself and I said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the community involvement!! GREAT for kids! GREAT example!!