Operation Buccaneer:Objective: Collect buried treasure and stow it in Pirate's Cove
Ahoy, me hearties! With all these sunny days, why should I work indoors when there is plenty of yardwork to do?
My first project on the list was to landscape the little stream that runs around our house. When we moved in during the fall it was pretty dry, but now it has a good trickle going on and I thought it would be fun to accentuate that.

What started as a chore soon evolved into a pirate game -- digging up "buried treasure" (rocks from the yard), loading it in the "pirate ship" (our plastic sled) and sailing to "Pirate's Cove" (the stream) where we stowed our "booty". The kids delved into the game while I basked in the glow of their assistance.
Now, if I could just come up with a good "game" for doing the dishes...
4 comments:
What a creative way to get a hard job done. You are a regular Mary Poppins!
(If you come up with a good dishes game, I'd love to hear it.)
Pam
You are so great! I would LOVE for you to come and help me figure out a way to get my backyard done! LOVE having the kids help too!
You are such an awsome mom, your kids will remeber that kind of stuff for ever.
You are so creative Cindy! What a great idea!
Post a Comment