Sunday, December 13, 2009

Better Late Than Never

My kids complain that we are always late. For some reason, every time we try to go somewhere, we just can't seem to coordinate things very well...someone always spills on their clothes or has to go potty, or can't find their shoes, or keys...and yes, sometimes that someone is me. I don't pretend to be punctual... if you want us to be somewhere at 5:00, tell us to be there at 4:45. That's just how it is...

Well, Taron's birthday party was no exception. The last week of October we had some minor sickness in the house, and with everyone paranoid about swine flu I decided to opt out of the party and postpone it a week. Well, the next weekend something else came up and it didn't happen, so I postponed it again, only to have another scheduling conflict come up. This continued until last Friday, when Taron finally got his hearts desire...

The candy coated cake has become a tradition with our birthday parties, Thank you Betty Crocker...(sorry, Becca, if you are reading this, you are welcome to shoot me now...)
Taron must have told his friends he really likes Bakugan toys, because out of 8 kids, 6 of them gave him Bakugans... he was really in heaven (if you don't have a little boy, you probably have no clue what I am talking about, they are sort of a mix between transformers and pokemon). After the usual party fare of food, games and prizes, we turned on the new Disney movie "UP" while they played with the birthday toys.


Another year down...

3 comments:

Fairy Godmother said...

Planning parties gets more difficult every year! I think simple is awesome! And I'm good friends with Betty -- don't know her! The cake looked fabulous. And I've wondered what those toys are. Hayden's only 6 -- so we're not there yet, I guess. Loves transformers and power rangers...but not quite that yet. I'm sure we'll figure it out in due time. Happy Belated Bday. Phew...it's over!

Debbie Hadley said...

Cute Taron! Happy late Birthday!

Dan, Pam and Family said...

Funny,
I remember being bugged as a kid because it seemed like we were always late when we did something as a family.
Big families take a lot of work.
I'm glad Taron had a fun birthday, sorry about the sick bugs, not fun.
I hope you guys liked the Movie "UP" I really liked that one.
:-)
Pam