Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Big Night

Normally we don't let our preteen daughter wear makeup, but there are two exceptions...Halloween and stage performances.

Last Saturday was one of those exceptions; a two hour performance of all the dancers at the Duluth Dance Center.

The morning of the recital we discovered that Sierra's tap shoes had gone missing. After searching our home and the church (where she goes after practice) we were empty handed, so I said a prayer and went garage sale-ing. Much of the morning was a loss, but as the sales were starting to dwindle, I decided to check out a few last-minute sales. Of course, there they were... the perfect tap shoes.... better than the ones she had worn before... for $1.

Getting ready was fun, it's not often my girls let me doll them up. My hands were a little rusty but I managed to swing a messy bun and just enough makeup to give her that stage glow... I may be a bit biased, but I thought she looked like a movie star...
Sierra had practiced her dance umpteen times at home and it showed; she did a great job! Unfortunately we weren't allowed to take video or photos during the performance, but we can purchase the DVD for 25 bucks...so I don't have any photos of her on stage. Maybe we'll buy the video... look for an encore later...

4 comments:

Debbie Hadley said...

I know my girls love getting dolled up just as much as they enjoy the performance. Sierra looks beautiful!!! You did a great job with her hair and make-up. What a blessing that you found tap shoes for $1. You are the garage sale Queen! The Lord really does care about the simple challenges in our lives.

Blue Eyes said...

Isn't it scarey to see how beautiful your girls are going to be grown up? Dance recitals are so much fun, and you captured the moment so well with your camera.
Tell Sierra hello from her Aunt Barbara, and that she looks just like a star!

Me, Myself and I said...

Gotta love those tender mercies. Consider the lillies..Sierra looks beautiful...she is growing up so fast! I love the look of excitement on her face.....you did a GREAT job on hair and makeup!

Fairy Godmother said...

Definitely a movie star! You are amazing...$1!!! Nicely done!