I got an email from Anna Hammari a few days ago, asking if I could go take photos of the signs her husband had designed for the Historic Glensheen estate here in Congdon. Their family had moved away and he had never had a chance to see the finished product.
Sierra just happened to be doing a report on Glensheen also, and it was due this week, so I decided to take her along... you know, kill two birds with one stone sort of thing...
We didn't actually go inside, apparently they weren't touring right then, so we just walked the grounds. Luckily Sierra's report was just on the landscaping anyways... here's a few photos...
The view from the backyard...
The fountain and gardens...still waiting to bloom it appears...
Anyways, nothing too exciting, but it was fun to check it out. I think Sierra was a little disappointed that we didn't see the ghost in the upstairs window though.
5 comments:
I'm not familiar with Glensheen, but it sure looks beautiful.
Thanks so much for taking the photos, Cindy. I was able to make my deadline and gave you photo credits in my documentation.
The last time I stood down in that area of Tischer Creek, I saw at least three 18" trout feeding where the creek meets the lake.
-Josh
Cindy, you always have a witty comment. Nice photos. What a fun place to visit. You live in a beautiful area; wish we could visit you. Have a good summer exploring, and take care of those hands.
So beautiful...and you do have an eye!
Beautiful!!!What great photos.
Post a Comment