Chris always gets me some fantastic gift for Christmas, but this year he outdid himself.
He got me a round trip ticket. To Utah.
Why is this such a big deal? No, it didn't include a lift ticket (I don't think I could handle that one yet)... but what it did include were some of my favorite ladies:
My generous and loving mom. My fascinating sister-in-law, Michelle and her family. All of Chris's wonderful sisters and his valiant mom. My lively aunt Barbara and favorite cousin of all time, Becca. My two dear friends from Payson; Susan and Audra. And my spiritually-energizing foot zonologist, Lisa.
The most amazing thing was that I saw all these people in one day. It was miraculous, the way it all fit together that day... After my appointment with Lisa, we went to Provo, where my cousin from Arizona just happened to be visiting her mom, then my friends just happened to be available for lunch, and Chris's family just happened to be gathering that night for a birthday party.
Coincidence? I think not.
The weather was beautiful too, while all the following days were just blizzard after blizzard. I felt truly blessed.
On Thursday my mom and I were able to brave the weather and make it to the temple, what a great day that was too.
I really wish I had caught more with my camera (Barbara, if you are reading this, maybe you could send me the photo you took?), but here are the few I did get.
My amazing mom, who took time out of her busy life to cater to me for the week:
He got me a round trip ticket. To Utah.
Why is this such a big deal? No, it didn't include a lift ticket (I don't think I could handle that one yet)... but what it did include were some of my favorite ladies:
My generous and loving mom. My fascinating sister-in-law, Michelle and her family. All of Chris's wonderful sisters and his valiant mom. My lively aunt Barbara and favorite cousin of all time, Becca. My two dear friends from Payson; Susan and Audra. And my spiritually-energizing foot zonologist, Lisa.
The most amazing thing was that I saw all these people in one day. It was miraculous, the way it all fit together that day... After my appointment with Lisa, we went to Provo, where my cousin from Arizona just happened to be visiting her mom, then my friends just happened to be available for lunch, and Chris's family just happened to be gathering that night for a birthday party.
Coincidence? I think not.
The weather was beautiful too, while all the following days were just blizzard after blizzard. I felt truly blessed.
On Thursday my mom and I were able to brave the weather and make it to the temple, what a great day that was too.
I really wish I had caught more with my camera (Barbara, if you are reading this, maybe you could send me the photo you took?), but here are the few I did get.
My amazing mom, who took time out of her busy life to cater to me for the week:
Me and Lisa, love this lady!
I'm thinking this might not be a bad tradition...
4 comments:
wow, what a fun week! Great christmas present! Looks and sounds like you had a fantastic time.
It was so fun to see you Cindy...at least what's left of you...ha haa! You deserve a break like that more often (hint hint Christopher.)
It was so fun to see you again! It almost felt like no time had passed. Like ABBA should have been playing in the background while we flipped mashed potatoes up on the ceiling. :)
You looked absolutely gorgeous. It was fun to catch up. Hope you are feeling good and enjoying that cold weather!!!
I agree -- you do look gorgeous and young in these pictures. Oh yeah, you are young! And you look so happy. What a refreshing trip for you. So glad everything worked out just your way. My mom also said how much fun it was to have you over...even for a short time!
Post a Comment