Sunday, October 26, 2008

And Life Goes On

Not much new this week, much of the same old stuff. I'll just give a little update on everyone...


Chris came home on Wednesday night this week, the house was put together enough to finally cook a real meal, so Thursday we had our first real dinner in months! We talked about the kids' days at school and it just felt so luxurious to be a family again. I feel so blessed to have Chris around again.

Ella and I have a little game we play, she always says she wants to go to "my Ally's house", but I have no clue who Ally is (imaginary friend maybe?), so I pretend to be Ally, and hide in the pantry and close the door... she comes and knocks on the door, I say "who is it?" and she replies "it's me" and comes inside "Ally's house" We then eat snacks and go play "outside". I just wish I knew who the "real" Ally was.

Taron's birthday is on Wednesday, I am bummed though because Chris will be in Chicago that day and doesn't get back till after the kids go to bed, so he will miss it. Taron has been asking for months now when his birthday will be, he is pretty excited and they sang to him in primary today so he knows it is getting close.


Caden went on a field trip this week to se a Dr. Suess musical, he said it was funny. They do a lot of fun field trips at their school, Sierra is going bowling on Halloween, and I think they are going skiing in a month or so too. I don't know how it all relates to education, but the kids love it.


Sierra had a friend over to spend the night, they came downstairs at 5 in the morning to use the bathroom and they were still awake and chatting -- they had stayed up all night. Chris went up and turned off the lights and apparently they finally fell asleep. When her mom came at 12 noon to take her home, I went in and said, "you've gotta get up, your mom is here" and she replied with a sleepy groan, "why did she come so early?" I just had to laugh.


Solei has been doing swimming for PE all week, so she has gotten to practice her strokes. Her school has a pool and every fourth week they do swimming, which is great for her.


Our driveway is half done, they prepped it on Thursday and were going to come back on Friday to pour the asphalt, but it rained, and now it is supposed to snow...

I absolutely love the built in stereo speakers in our ceilings, a year ago we didn't have anything to play music on and now it is everywhere, even in our bathroom, so you can sing along in the shower. It was really funny that the builders put something like that in, but didn't put in a disposal, or gutters, or closet rods, or driveway, or garage door opener... things that come standard with most new homes nowadays... but I do love the music. Michael Buble has been the latest fad at our house, he has such an incredible voice, right up there with Josh Groban in my book.

Whenever Ella sees a heart, she calls it a "valentines day", it's kinda funny that she uses such a big word when such a simple one will suffice.


The kids have just discovered my big box of old photos, with pictures of the girls when they were little, Kina was small enough for Solei to carry, and Caden was a newborn. I really should probably do some scrapbooking someday, we haven't seen these photos in years. There are even ones of me when I was little. Here are a few I just scanned...




2 comments:

Debbie Hadley said...

I love the old photos! So I was thinking, that if Taron doesn't know what day his Birthday is than you could just celebrate a day early, or a day late. That way Chris could be there and Taron would never know the difference. He might be too smart for that though.

I'm a Michael Buble fan too!

Leslie said...

We were just looking through our Halloween album yesterday and remembering the Halloween the kids were at our house when Taron was born. You really know how to recap a week. I love all the fun details and your kids will love reading about their lives one day.