Sunday, October 19, 2008

Fall Days

Things are starting to settle down now...the kids are in school, most of the essentials are unpacked, etc. There are a few big things that still need doing, like the driveway and gutters, but at least we can see the end of the tunnel now.


Chris was gone all last week to the Dakotas, he said it was a barren wasteland... I am so glad they didn't locate the office there (no offense to you if you are from there)!


The little kids and I have begun a nightly tradition of turning up the tunes and dancing around, it is so fun to watch their little moves, so carefree and uninhibited. Ella gallops around and waves her arms and then stops to do a little boogie dance... so cute! We don't have furniture in the main room and it is all hardwood with a built-in sound system, so it is like a little dance studio right next to the kitchen. I even got Chris to dance with me last night, even though the kids threw quite a protest... "eeeeeew!"





The leaves are still falling, but now there are more on the ground than the trees, winter is almost here...



Caden appears to have a new best friend already, he came over to play the other day and seems like a nice kid.


We went to the ward Halloween party last night, my camera was out of juice so I didn't get photos - I will have to get some on Halloween. Solei's costume was a big hit, she was a toilet... with a real seat and all. We were looking for costumes at Target and just happened to go down the bathroom aisle...


Well, I better go get kids in bed, it will probably be a little tough tonight, with their bellies all full of trunk-or-treat candy. :)

2 comments:

Debbie Hadley said...

I'm dying to see the toilet costume, please take pictures. How fun to have all that space to dance...fun pictues!

Leslie said...

You always were a master with halloween costumes. Can't wait to see photos of your creations this year. The empty room sounds like a kid's dream. Glad to see that they are enjoying their new home.