Monday, October 13, 2008

The camera is back in business!!

I had a bit of inspiration today which led me to rummage through the diaper bag, and lo and behold, there was my camera! So I took a few pictures of the yard to show what I mean when I say there are a lot of leaves... We have never really had to rake much at any of our previous homes, but it looks like this one will more than make up for all those leaf-free years!



Note that half of the leaves are still on the trees! I am starting to feel glad that we don't have our lawn in yet!




It was too wet to play, but the front porch was dry...

Sorry, I don't know how to rotate these unless I do it in a separate program but I'm too lazy right now!

These pictures don't really do the colors justice either... they never do though, do they? It is kind of a dreary day today for pictures, too...



Last night as I was taking out the trash, I saw something move out of the corner of my eye... when I looked up, there was Bambi just a few yards in front of me, tip-toeing ever so daintily through the little creek bed that runs by the house. The deer appeared not to mind that I was there so I relished the moment until it disappeared into the trees. The neighbors mentioned we get all kinds of wildlife here, I guess they weren't kidding! We saw a bear crossing the road on our last trip back to Iowa, I just hope those don't come around here!

3 comments:

Dan, Pam and Family said...

Cindy I LOVE the pictures,
Have some leaves! Sheesh!
So-oo pretty.
Hope the kids get into the swing of school quickly.
:-)

Debbie Hadley said...

Wow! I want to come visit right now! I love the smell of fall leaves, and Bambi almost at your front door...sounds like the perfect house for you guys.

Leslie said...

We really wish we were closer and could come help you unpack and enjoy the gorgeous scenery. Looks breathtaking! Not sure how fun the raking looks though.