Sunday, June 7, 2009

And So It Begins...

Summer is finally here!!!

The kids are out of school, leaves are back on the trees, flowers are in bloom and... it's 45 degrees???? Hello?? What's up with that???

Oh yeah, we live in NORTHERN MINNESOTA... I guess THAT is what's up with that!

Oh, but I do love it here... I've been googling places to visit this summer with the family, and one idea really fascinated me; sea kayaking in the apostle islands on Lake Superior...it's not actually in Minnesota, but an hour or two south in Wisconsin. It looks incredible, I'd trade a few cold days for this...







This could be our new "Lake Powell".

4 comments:

Dan, Pam and Family said...

Wow,
That looks incredible!
I can't believe you are still in the 40's I could so never live there, I would go crazy.
Pam

Leslie said...

Exploring when it's 50 outside? Not for me, thanks. You're such a trooper. Those photos look breathtaking. One of these years we'll come up for a great adventure, but it will have to be more like late July or August when it's warm!

Grapefruit said...

Those pictures are incredible. You should definitely do it! Cindy...I am still laughing about the "Bluetube" post. I made my mom read it and I'm still laughing. Classic!

Liz said...

Go for it! Wow, that looks amazing. And 45 degrees? I should PRAY for you to have a warm day. :) I'm sure you'll be able to put away the snow coats soon...

Blogging is the best! I love being able to see snatches of your life:)