Monday, June 22, 2009

Yard Makeover

I'm beat. Worn out. Doggone tired. But I now have a lawn.

The landscapers started Wednesday night and worked until Friday night, plowing down all the weeds and pouring some nice topsoil. We laid the sod ourselves, all 15 pallets of it. Thank goodness for a few scouts who needed a fund raiser -- we definitely couldn't have done it all alone!


The boys wanted to get in on the action...
After we laid the sod we set out the sprinklers and the kids were excited to have an excuse to wear their swim suits.

And here is the video of the (almost) final results, we did some more touch up afterwards.
Chris says there were 14 pallets in the video, but when we counted again there were 17. We had two leftover pallets that a few people in the ward took off our hands, so that means we laid 15 pallets -- a lot of sod!

We are eventually going to build a little "island" for a fire pit in the back corner since my temporary one got demolished in the scrape, and also landscape the creek with rocks and maybe a little bridge... but for now, I think we'll take a break. We need it.

3 comments:

Dan, Pam and Family said...

Holy Cow, 15 pallets of Sod is INSANE!!!!!!!
I would be too sore to move for a week.
I have to say from the video it looks awesome, that must feel so-oo good.
I LOVE grass.
Good work, sorry we weren't there to help.

Pam

Leslie said...

Holy Cow were the words that came to my mind too! And I thought shoveling 7 loads of dirt for our front flower beds were bad. It's got to feel so good to be able to have the kids run around on grass instead of dirt. Looks beautiful!

Liz said...

WOW, what a great work you did. That IS a lot of sod. You live in beautiful country. And how nice to have grass to mow instead of acres of flower beds to weed!