.
A few weeks ago we tried to squeeze some boating in between the cloudbursts, but all we managed was to suck rocks into the engine on the first run. We are forever grateful to the kind fishermen who braved the weather to give us a tow back to the ramp. Our poor boat was fixed the next week and ready to go again for our vacation, although our pocketbook was drastically lighter.
.
So yesterday we started our vacation and took the boat out to Island Lake, this time with a prayer that things would go well. It was a blast! I finally rode my beloved wakeboard again and even convinced (well, more like coerced) Taron and Ella to ride the big tube with me.
.
We invited the Faerbers and watched Betsy show off her slaloming skills (who woulda thunk she could do that?).


Chris still refused to get in, I think it is because of his ankles, but he enjoyed whipping up the waves for the tubers to flop around on.
The water was as warm as a swimming pool (75*) since we had been blessed with a few days in the 80's that week (it's amazing how fast the lakes warm up here). We were enjoying a picnic on a little island when the rains came... fast... but we made it out OK (prayers answered).
.
I'm a bit sore today but it feels so good, and tomorrow's another day on the lake. I love vacation!
4 comments:
I've never seen a tube like that! Looks so fun. I miss boating. Although your water sounds tad cold for us. Come to Lake Powell! You'll never turn back!
I'm so... not into water sports, but I Love reading about how much fun you guys have with your boat. Sorry about the repairs, what a pain, but I'm glad you got up and running again.
What a cool looking tube.
Thanks for the update.
Pam
I just have to say.....that looks like a TOTAL BLAST!!! There is nothin' better than a good Vacay!!!!
It looked cold, I have to say! Okay, never seen that tube. One where you can stand up?! Crazy. Our popped on our last outing. They are so darn expensive and finding the hole is always so fun. But our kids LOVE tubing, tons! It's great for all ages. If only we could vacation MORE than we get to, huh! Love it.
Post a Comment