Sunday, August 23, 2009

Confession

In regards to my daughter's comment...

OK, so I have to admit, yes I do edit my photos sometimes on the computer, but I'm really not that good at the photography part. If I want to blur the background, I cheat and do it in photoshop. If the colors come out too dull because of poor lighting, I click on the contrast button and voila! it's almost as if a grey film is removed off the image. I love being able to use the computer this way because it means those of us who lack the know-how in photography can make up for it in other ways (if you want to see some real photography, visit my cousins blog at http://www.dailygrapefruit.blogspot.com). So yes, Solei, you are probably right, it is not the camera's fault, but the photographers. Maybe someday I will take a course.

P.S. Someday you will appreciate my editing abilities when all the photos of your teenage years are acne-free. :)

2 comments:

Dan, Pam and Family said...

Solei's comment made me laugh, I can't believe how much she sounds like a "teenager".
No need to feel guilty. The pictures are amazing. I really want to learn more about photo editing.
Dan has shown me a little on PhotoShop, but I haven't gotten into it yet.
:-)
Pam

Grapefruit said...

Thanks for the compliment Cindy! I love that picture of the long fence. Great composition. And you can't fake that, even with your computer! So Bravo! You deserve more credit than you think.