Thursday, August 20, 2009

Morning Walk

Can adventure and serenity coexist in harmony?

I decided to take my camera along for my morning walk yesterday and capture some of the scenes along the way to share with my blogger friends. Maybe you will get an idea of why I don't mind braving the harsh winters here...

Our neighborhood is on the outskirts of town where mother nature keeps things interesting.

Although most people do try to tame her a bit.

I spotted a girl carrying a big box and asked if she needed help, she said she was just taking care of her pet frog that she found by the pond. I was impressed at the little habitat she had created so I asked if I could take a photo. The frog is in the bottom left corner.
Of course, frogs are not the only critters hopping around -- I found this guy sitting so still on somebody's porch that I mistook him for a statue at first...
It's also not unusual to see squirrels, deer, birds, raccoons, chipmunks... and although I still haven't seen one, my friend had a bear in her backyard not long ago. Some people even have reindeer on their roof.

And some proudly bear the symbol of freedom.
Whispers from the past leave you wondering what happened...

And who was there...
Some roads are less travelled by...

And some are frequented more often, leading to the saltless sea against the horizon...
Or to the hills,
Or to home, where I find the house still asleep...
So I journey on, this time with an eager friend...
We venture through the woods where waters abound -- from the babbling brooks...
To the placid ponds...But not everywhere...
Others have paved the way before me...
But left some places undisturbed...
I forgot to eat breakfast, but no worries...I made do with some fresh raspberries, much sweeter than the storebought variety...


Just a little bit of heaven every morning...

9 comments:

Dan, Pam and Family said...

Amazing!
:-)
Pam

Cindy Smith said...

my mom edited most of the photos on her photo editing thing sierra saw her and she does it to all the photos on her blog. she says it is because her camera stinks but that is not the case. so dont be tricked into thinking its really pretty up here because it is NOT

Cindy Smith said...

by the way the last comment was me (solei)

Debbie Hadley said...

I want to jump into those pictures. Absolutely Breath-taking! Thanks for sharing.

Sarah said...

oh solei, you crack me up!! it is absolutly incredible there.. just beautiful!

Leslie said...

Was that all on ONE walk? Wow! That was amazing....even if the photos were a little edited (Solei, you can crop and enhance, but the photos don't lie *wink). Thanks for helping us "visit" MN.

Me, Myself and I said...

Beautiful pictures.....and beautifully stated!

Fairy Godmother said...

I was thinking the same thing...you covered some territory! It is simple beautiful there! Oh the things you must be able to grow. Like Redding, it's hot here. Limits, somewhat, what you can grow. But that was just gorgeous...like a movie! We are all so lucky.

J and A said...

Oh, I miss that beautiful part of the world! Thanks for sharing a walk down memory lane.