Thursday afternoon I thought I'd take Ella to the little ski hill a few miles from here and let her try out her new skis (rentals actually). She thought it would be great fun...
The rest of us went later that day and Caden really enjoyed the ski class so he will be going every Thursday from now on, not a bad way to spend a Thursday afternoon I suppose...
.
On a side note, I just have to rave a little here about Duluth... I love this community! People create such fun venues, like the ice rinks, nature center, and Bentleyville lights, and it's all run on volunteerism... which makes it more friendly and less expensive...season passes for the family at Chester Bowl are only $80 (if you put in 6 hours of volunteer time), the ski classes are free, and a plate of mac n cheese at the concessions stand will run you a whole whoppin' 75 cents... if you have ever skied before, you know that it usually would cost you $80 for one day, more for lessons, and you'll probably spend another $15 each on food if you eat there... taking a family of 7 would pretty much break the bank! But at Chester, it costs next to nothing... Sure, it's not Park City, but for the price, I'll take it! You know I love a good deal...
5 comments:
That is pretty impressive that the community comes together to make fun family events.
America needs more communities like that. I'd take that over a Park City style atmosphere any day.
(Even though I LOVE Park City in the Summer)
Pam
Holy Cow! That is amazing. What a great thing. And way to be positive about such a cold climate. You are so outdoorsy, I think it suits you perfectly. We don't ski becuz it's so expensive! We have to pick and choose our activities and soccer costs enough that there's none left over for the slopes. Thank goodness I'm more of a sand girl. Much cheaper!
PS I'm crying too after a few hours of cold and falling on my tail. I have a lot in common with her!
Poor Ella! I'm sure she'll end up loving the slopes just like her Mom. What a great community you have! I can't believe how cheap it is to Ski there. I've never been drawn to skiing because of the price tag that comes with it.
We had a bunch of free ski passes to the Canyons and Deer Valley and Brendan got Jake and Allison to LOVE skiing over the last few years. But those passes are now all gone and they're bummed that it's a once or twice a season thing only now. What a great treat for your family.
Post a Comment