Sunday, January 17, 2010

Ski School

We've been skiing a lot the last few days... Maybe too much? Nah, not possible... Especially when the mercury is at 32 degrees...

On Thursday night, Caden joined in his ski lessons and Sierra met up with some friends. It was our anniversary that night but Chris was working so he couldn't come (I teased him that I had to ride the lift up with some other guy on our anniversary). He made it up to me by buying me chocolates and taking me to Olive Garden (yeah, he knows the way to my heart is through my taste buds).

Friday I took Ella to the bunny hill during the day when the kids were at school. Taron came home at lunch time and, of course, he wanted to go too. So we did. Chester Bowl isn't open during the day, so it was just the 3 of us on the bunny hill, and I was their chairlift... it was a good workout.

Then on Saturday I went by myself for a few runs in the morning (a rare treat). The sun was shining and the snow was the perfect condition for kids to learn on, so I came home to get some. I think they were feeling a bit skied out, because they wanted to shovel the melting ice off the driveway more than they wanted to go skiing at first...







But that got old after a while and they decided skiing sounded more fun after all... well, all except for the older girls who decided the mall would be more fun...
.
So Chris drove the girls to the mall while I took the little ones to the slopes (well, slope, actually -- there's only one lift at Chester).
.
It seems like every time we go to Chester, the kids meet up with friends from school, and this time Taron's friend Grant was there learning on the bunny slope too. His dad was so nice to push them both up together, although I was worried he was going to give himself a heart attack, it's not easy pushing one up, much less two. Taron and Grant had fun racing down together and I think it helped them both try harder.
.
After shoveling out a whopping $4 (yes, I'm being facetious) on lunch for the 4 of us, we went back out and there was Chris, handsome in his new ski coat, ready to take Ella up for her first chairlift ride (well, actually, she did ride one in the summer for the alpine slide, but that's different)...

It was a fun day, lots of learning was done...


And at the end of the day, the kids had a few tricks to show off...

5 comments:

Fairy Godmother said...

What a good mom you are. That just takes tons of energy, patience and drive. It's awesome!

Holli said...

I haven't been skiing since I was pregnant with spencer. It looks so fun and makes me miss it a lot!

Anonymous said...

Very cool, and I love the thoughts of little kids! I remember once saying " Please don't pee on your brother!!" Tami Siebert

Dan, Pam and Family said...

I'm glad you are having fun with the snow.
I'm sure your driveway is a huge chore to shovel, and it's fun to see that it's a family affair.
LOVE the video, very cute!
Pam

Liz said...

How lucky to be so close to a slope and to be able to take all your children up. What a fun mom!! It reminds me of your dad. I'm sure he must be smiling watching the skiing lessons.

That is some SERIOUS ice on the driveway!