
Somebody was being persistent. Every day, I would find crayons nestled between the keys of the piano with their signatures scribbled all along the ivories... So... I would make use of my magic eraser and put the crayons back in the drawer, only to find them resting on the piano the next day. I had my suspicions, which were soon confirmed when I found Ella singing and talking away to her little "friends" one afternoon, placing them into their little "homes" on the keyboard.

One morning, she came into my room with a bunch of ponies, insisting I put them ALL in her hair. I didn't have a comb handy, so I just threw them in any which way. She was thrilled with all the attention her siblings gave her when they saw how "fancy" her hairdo was.

Then one evening, she was up and roaming the house while I was sick in bed (yes, I still have this dang bug!), and I came into the kitchen to find her surrounded by half-eaten carrot sticks with her bum up in the air, fast asleep. I've always marvelled at how babies sleep like that -- I just had to get a picture, knowing that soon this particular photo op will be gone forever.
I became a little sad to think she is our last; when she is grown, that is it. No more crayon clean-ups, or crazy hair-dos, or bums up in the air.... or silly faces like this... .
But then I remember..........grandkids...someday...
2 comments:
Oh I just want to squish her she's so cute! Thanks for giving us a glimps of her cute personality.
You are so great to remember to take those photos and jot down the cute little memories that yes, will be gone before long. Teenagers are a lot of fun too, but it's just not the same as having little ones around. I'm jealous!
Post a Comment