Sunday, July 26, 2009

Revisiting Winter

I often find things for Chris, not because he loses them, he just doesn't know where they are in the first place. I have my methods of organizing and he has his methods of letting me organize. So it was a nice change this morning when he found something of mine...
This little beauty has been missing for months, and although I swear I looked in the office closet a hundred times, that is where he claims to have found it.

I eagerly plugged the card into our computer this afternoon and up popped these photos of our winter fun; a few pictures of the kids ice skating at their school, and if you remember, I wrote about going to the big dogsled race that runs up to Canada and back... obviously we didn't go to Canada, but we did drive up the road a few miles to watch them cross the finish line.

So it's late July and I'm posting ice skating photos. Enjoy!



3 comments:

Dan, Pam and Family said...

Yea! It must feel so awesome to have these back.
I relate to having my own method of organizing things and being the one to know where things are.
:-)
Pam

Fairy Godmother said...

What would it be like to live in such cold...I'm not sure I could bear it, but it sure is beautiful!!! I'll appreciate it vicariously through your photos. such a cute fam!

Liz said...

All I can say is that after reading your title, and before reading your post, I was praying that you hadn't had snow in summer, unless it was the plant by that name blooming in your yard...

What a wonderful surprise! And what great memories. It reminds me of what President Monson said (here goes the inaccurate quote--you'll have to look it up to be sure of what it really is!). "God gave us memories so we could have June roses in the Decembers of our lives." You could say your camera gave you a contrasting blessing :)