
I used to throw birthday parties every year when my kids were little, but since my kids aren't the only ones getting older, I've had to tone it down a bit. So now every odd year, the boys get a birthday party, and every other year it's the girls' turn.
2009--An odd year (In more ways than one), so Caden got his "friend" party. He invited all the boys in his class but (thank goodness) some couldn't make it.
We started with the usual pizza feast, then went right into the games. The boys got rowdy with the balloon pop (tie balloons around their ankles and last balloon standing wins), then settled down for "peeling the prize" (a prize is wrapped in layers and each layer has a funny task to do before unwrapping -- whoever unwraps the final layer wins the prize). Caden opened his presents, we ate the cake, and played more games. I had planned for a movie, but the boys were more interested in jumping on the trampoline outside, so I just bit my lip and prayed we wouldn't have any serious injuries.
Everything was such a whirlwind that I didn't get many photos, I guess that's how it goes with boys...
1 comment:
We told our kids they could have a "friend party" every other year too! Too much stress for this mom. I'm glad you survived.
Post a Comment