Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sharing Secrets

Apparently I'm now a tour guide to the locals...

When we moved here, my friend Tami told me about a "secret waterfall" nearby, so one day I went exploring. I discovered the hidden treasure on the scenic loop that starts at Hawk's Ridge and follows Seven Bridges Road. Just like a rainbow has a pot of gold at the end, the drive ends across from Lester Park, which has a playground and trails along the creek. It's a great place to take the kids.

Last week, Betsy and I picked up our two girls from school and went to lunch. It was a fun break, and as we were dropping the kids off at school afterwards, I mentioned the scenic loop. She said that she had never been there, so I said, "let's go!" She was amazed that in all the ten years she has lived in Duluth, she had no idea this was here.

Then a few days later I was at lunch with my visiting teachers and found out that Nicki, who lives just around the corner from me, had never been there either. So I said, "let's go!"

Hopefully Tami can forgive me, I'm afraid her "secret waterfall" is not much of a secret anymore!


3 comments:

Dan, Pam and Family said...

I find sometimes it takes a fresh outside perspective to help us appreciate the beauty all around us every day.
Pam

Me, Myself and I said...

I am afraid to say that I would HAVE to share that secret! It's BEAUTIFUL!!

Debbie Hadley said...

I love your adventurous spirit Cindy. It makes me wonder what is right in front of my eyes that I'm taking for granted.