Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I'm Sorry, Could You Repeat That Please?

An approximation of my conversation with my mother yesterday:

Me: "Hi, mom, what's up?"

Mom: "Well, I just was reading your blog and I thought, maybe the problem with Chris's hearing is because he spends so much time on his cell phone, there are studies that show they can affect hearing..."

Me: "Well, I don't think it is really a hearing problem, I was just joking about that. It was really just one of those funny misunderstandings."

Mom: "Oh, OK."

Me: "Kind of reminds me of the email you sent a few days ago about wireless phones and you wrote that, just to be safe, you had replaced all your phones with landmines. I still get a kick out of that one...I don't think landmines are too safe to have around the house."

Mom: "Oh yeah, and I sent that out to everyone on my list... you and Candis were the only ones who caught it. I didn't know they were called landlines, I thought people were always saying landmines"

Me: "Well, I sure got a kick out of that"

Mom: "But really, they say with all the cell phones and bluetubes nowadays there are more people having hearing problems."

Me: "Um, do you mean bluetooths?"

Mom: "Is that what they are called? I thought it was bluetube, like YouTube"

Me: "Hmmmm...mom, maybe you need to get your hearing checked!"


We both had a good hearty laugh after that. I sure do love my mom.

4 comments:

Dan, Pam and Family said...

Landmines and Bluetubes,
Priceless!
Pam

Debbie Hadley said...

Totally laughing right now! (-:

Leslie said...

This is getting crazy funny. Let's put together a book!

Grapefruit said...

Okay Cindy, this is too funny. Not only did you describe YOUR mom to a T, but you described MY mom as well. I think I have conversations like with her once a week! She can never remember the real name of anything. And she, too, is worried about cell phones, chem trails and plastic in the microwave. No wonder their sisters. They're the same person!