Solei performed in the spring band concert and I actually remembered to bring my camera this time!
Although she is only in 7th grade, she moved up to 8th grade band and even got first chair trombone! She has really come a long way and we are so proud of her.
I took a video of their grand entrance, which I thought was a clever presentation of the song. The photo is a freeze-frame from the video; Solei is the one in the middle with the line coming out of her head.

Solei thinks they sounded terrible, and she will probably get mad that I am posting the video, but such is life! I asked her how they read the music for this one and she said they had to memorize it.
5 comments:
Sorry Solei but I just HAVE to diagree!! You sounded better than seriously EVERY SINGLE 8th GRADE BAND I have heard! The entrance was COOL and it's GREAT to see you perform! LOVE YA GIRL!!!!
Keep up the great work Solei! That was a very creative performance!
This is fabulous! They sounded terrific! Not only would that have been hard to read music, it would have been hard to conduct :) when no one can see the conductor!
Happy Belated Mother's Day to you, too!
We were really messing up the timing on the middle part.
THIS IS SOLEI
It's not too often you have to play in 5/4 timing though.
Post a Comment