Sunday, May 10, 2009

Deluge

The last few years I have been in non-music callings, and I have really missed sitting behind the piano. They always say to be careful what you wish for...
Last week I was called to be the primary pianist, which most of you know means a full two hours of sitting at the piano while the kids rotate through Primary. Since today was Mother's Day, I also accompanied the children while they sang "Mother, I Love You" in sacrament meeting. Then the organist called me last minute and asked if I could fill in for her..."yes, I'd love to!"
Thus, after two years of drought, the floodgates opened and I got my wish...and a few sore muscles in my hands!
Oh, but I absolutely loved it -- any day behind the piano is a great day -- even though I did flub on that intro...sorry guys!

2 comments:

Me, Myself and I said...

You have such an amazing musical gift....not just a talent but a real GIFT! They are SO lucky to have you!! I miss the days of listening you just sit down and make up your own music! YOU ARE AMAZING!!

Debbie Hadley said...

That's awesome! I loved playing in primary, but playing the organ is a different story.