Sunday, May 31, 2009

S'mores!

We've finally given in to local tradition and built a fire pit in our yard. It's just a temporary one with rocks I dug out of the ground, but eventually we want to create a little island in the marsh area and build one there. We figure that's a safer spot with all the water around, but right now our budget for landscaping is barely enough to put in the lawn, so this will have to do for now.

Last Monday we spent family night cooking hot dogs and s'mores over the campfire. Chris demonstrated his boy scout skills to the kids, who were a bit skeptical at first. We realized we haven't taken them camping nearly enough.

Now we just need to set up the tent and we've got ourselves a regular campsite right out our front door!






3 comments:

Dan, Pam and Family said...

I LOVE campfires and fire pits.
Looks like a blast to me!
Pam

Me, Myself and I said...

What a fun family time! SO jealous! It looks BEAUTIFUL!!

Debbie Hadley said...

How awesome is that! A fire pit in your own backyard! Now I'm craving smores.