I know it sounds strange, but this was not your average cemetery...
We started by feeding the ducks at the ponds until we were out of bread...
Then headed over to the "labyrinth" for maze races...
Then dug around in the sand fountain (no photos, sorry, my camera was dying).
Of course, we took the usual tour of the gravesites and the kids all took turns peering into the mausoleums to count the tombs. We read the names on the headstones (Sierra counted 7 Smiths) and found one that was a little bit... ironic... So the girls requested a photo -- luckily my camera summed up the strength.
We lost the girls for a while, but Taron and I discovered a memorial garden with a big cannon which he though was pretty cool. He climbed on top but Ella wasn't so thrilled about that. "Taron, it's going to 'splode you away!"
There were people walking dogs and jogging through the trees, out enjoying the weather, and I thought -- this place isn't creepy at all, it's kinda fun!
Our trip was cut short because Ella needed to use a potty, and there wasn't one in the cemetery (the local residents don't need restrooms, obviously). We finally found the girls and raced home (which luckily was just a few blocks away so Ella made it in time).
So next time you are bored, try out your local cemetery!
1 comment:
What a fun idea, I really like walking through old cemeteries, but have done that in a quite a while.
I makes me wonder about the lives of the people buried there, I always wish there were more stories attached.
Pam
Post a Comment