
Imagine...
A cool spring evening,
A handsome man,
And two new rollerblades awaiting their first flight.
A rattling roll across the bricks in the dormant rose garden
And then, the gliding pathway, adorned in dusk.
Decorated couples stroll along the boardwalk; it must be prom tonight.
Sparkling waters embrace one lonely ship, and kiss our shore.
.
Tourists reawaken from hibernation; bustling,
Breathing new life into sleeping inns and restless shops.
.
People are friendlier here, it's not uncommon to laugh along with strangers.
Across the lift bridge to the pier, a lighthouse beckons
Where fishermen tangle the water with skipping lines.
City lights hover over distorted reflections
Where is our house? Is that the church?
Sigh.......
.
Reality demands our return, but not before a stolen kiss...
Bliss.
.
.
.
(Disclaimer #1: I apologize to all you English majors out there, I wax a bit "poetic" at times but know nothing about poetry, so please forgive my uneducated rantings)
(Disclaimer #2: I didn't have my camera so I stole the photo off of a Google image search, but you can see the lift bridge we crossed to the pier)
3 comments:
I love your poems! I'm jealous of the new rollerblades. I still have the rollerblades that were hand-me-downs form you!!! (At least I think it was you.) Do you remember them?. . .The black ones with oranges wheels that you said you got at Play-it-again spots or the like? Anyways, sounds like a great night.
So cute and romantic! You guys don't get to spend that much time together....so I am glad that you guys make it count! CUTE!!
Awesome poem, very romantic!
I LOVE this time of year.
Pam
Post a Comment